Add Product

Search Results:

Gaming Computer Help

Hello im looking to get a laptop for playing world of warcraft. i know im getting one about 4g of ram and 500g hard drive, but then the questions on processors and graphics cards i dont know a thing about. i was wondering as to what processor is better for running world of warcraft comparing;

• Intel® Pentium® processor T4500
    Features an 800MHz frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 2.3GHz processor speed.
  • Intel® Core™ i3 processor
    Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.
  • AMD Athlon™ II dual-core processor P340*
    With 1066MHz system bus for efficient processing while multitasking.
  •  

And my other question was what to look for for a good graphics card? and is it possible to put in a better graphics card on a laptop after you purchase it or does it have to be whichever one that you purchase at first?

Thank You.

Valued Contributor

Re: Gaming Computer Help

Best balance of gaming performance and power consumption would be the AMD processor, with the added benefit of having a faster FSB than the Intels.
    If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!

Thanks alot, do you know anything about graphics cards for a laptop?

Valued Contributor

Personally, I go with ATI.  In my opinion, the drivers are far better and more stable, and the catalyst suite is updated more often than nVidia cards.  It has been my experience that nVidia, while not bad cards, run hotter than ATI cards and consume more power, both very important issues in a laptop.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!