Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Finding a PCI Interface graphics card...

[ Edited ]

Well, i've been looking on the best buy website for a graphics card that can be bought in the store that is compatible with the PCI interface. I am looking to find a good graphics card for gaming, but I only have the original PCI interface, so my options are limited...

If Best Buy has motherboards, which I don't believe they do, I would be more than happy to buy one with a PCI E2 x16 Card so I can get the most out of my gaming experience.

But I do not believe Best Buy does have motherboards, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any graphics cards that would still be good for gaming and are supported by the original PCI interface?

If any other information is needed, just feel free to ask.

Edit-

I have an ASUS PTGD-LA Motherboard, which has 3 PCI slots. I know of an ASUS PTGD1-LA which is a similar motherboard with an x16 PCI-E slot but I don't know where to buy one.

Message Edited by SquallBK on 11-28-2008 10:00 PM
Highlighted
Topics: 1,164
Kudos: 579
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 282

Re: Finding a PCI Interface graphics card...

They dont have Motherboards......... I did an extensive search...

Heres the best you can do for your computer:

VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD2400 Pro 256MB DDR2 PCI Graphics Card

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Just my opinion I would ignore the power supply requirement for that card. PCI can only run at a maximum of 66mhz on the system bus so If you only have a 200w PSU , you can run this just fine. The HD 2400 series of cards draw less power then they rate them at.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

I am sorry for the additional post but I guarantee you the next PC you will buy has PCI Express Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thanks for your help. I checked my local store and they do have this card in stock, so I'm gonna go into town when I can and pick one up. Thanks.
Highlighted

When installing a PCI Graphics Card, it is extremely important to do the following:

1. Download the latest drivers from the ATI website at http://support.ati.com (install CD's tend to make things worse in my opinion)

2. Before preperation, disconnect your ethernet cable to prevent windows update from updating the driver automatically

3. Go into the device manager for your computer. Click the + Under Display adapter , right click on your video device and select uninstall. Once its finished reboot your computer.

4. Once you are back on the Windows Desktop, you will want to go back to the device manager, and under the display adapter, right click it and select "Disable This Device"

5. Now shut down the computer and proceed to disasemble your casing and install the card. 

6. Once your card is installed, turn on the computer and get to the Windows Desktop. 

7. When Windows detects the device for the first time, select cancel a couple of times. 

8. Remember where you saved the ATI Drivers for your product. Double click the driver installation package and follow the onscreen directions to install the drivers for your new card.

9. If everything went ok, you should see a prompt for you to reboot. Once you did this, and get back to the Windows Desktop, youre set!~