Add Product

Search Results:

Emailing Job and Printing Multiple Copies

Are there any printers that are able to automatically print multiple copies of a document that is sent to them via email? We have a system that can automatically email documents, and we want to set it to send these emails to a printer and have the printer automatically print 5 copies of the document. We currently have an HP Laserjet M607, which does email printing, but after talking to their support I was told that none of their machines would be able to do what we need.
So are there any printers by different companies that would do this, or does the function just not exist?

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Emailing Job and Printing Multiple Copies

I would make the assumption your doing this for a business and these are orders that need to be filled.

If you use Microsoft Outlook you can set up RULES manually. 

Start with a message you want printed. Right click on  it and then select create rule then click on Advanced Options

Select the criteria to determine if this is the correct email.

Then click Next 

Scroll down the list and there should be an option to print it. Unfortunately this rule will only print it once.  However, if you create the rule 5 times it will print it five times.

You will need to have Outlook up and running on a computer and set up to automatically check for email on a regular interval. 

Just to make sure I just tried it by creating the rule 2 times on my computer and I then sent an email to that account from a different account and it printed out twice on my default printer. 

If this does not work for you there are a number of software solutions out there. However try this first as it is free if you already have Outlook. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Emerging Expert

You can even set up subsequent rules to move the email to a different folder in Outlook. Forward it to other reciepents etc...

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't familiar with the rules setup so that looks like it's opening some possibilities. The main issue with the direct printing route is that we'd only want to print the attachment on the emails, and not the email itself. From my searching, I can't seem to find a way to set Outlook to only print the attachments. However, since our printer can automatically print email attachments it receives, we may be able to use that automatic forwarding. I'll update this when I find something.

Emerging Expert

I cannot see a way to manipulate the rules to have it print the attachments only or even move the attachment.. You may need to look into a third party software solution.  

I would be interested to heary your results. 

I couldn't find any way to use default printer settings to print only the attachment, so I ended up using Outlooks Developer toolbar and some Microsoft Visual Basic code I found online for automatically printing email attachments. Since I'm running Office 2016, there were a few more steps using the Registry in order to create a rule that would automatically run the script, but there are also instructions for that around the web. So not as simple as I had been hoping, but it eventually worked.

Emerging Expert

Good to hear you found a solution. 

I would think there must be a number of options for you.  You are not the first business that needs to print off orders etc.

We have a pretty awesome set of printer/copiers at my office. I asked one of our IT people if they could do it.  She didn't know but she was aware of some third party solutions for Outlook.