Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Direct X games on Vista

Hello all,

I have an older Dell laptop that runs XP. I need to get a new laptop but know nothing about Vista. My question is: Can I play Direct X games like Azada, etc on Vista as well as XP? Some new games need 1 G processor. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

lobo

Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

Re: Direct X games on Vista

Those games run fine on Windows Vista, but keep in mind you will at least need 1gb of Ram to play those games (2 is optimal for integrated video cards)

Windows Vista has Direct X 10 which is backwards compatible with other Direct X applications. Its very critical that you install the latest drivers for Windows Vista before you play any games otherwise your computer could become unstable and crash.

If you decide to upgrade to Windows Vista, it is very critical that you go to the Windows Vista website and download the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor to check your computer for potential problems. If there are any found, it will notify you of them and will require corrective action.

On the Windows Vista Disc, it also scans for potential problems before upgrading.

---------------------------------------

Now onto your real question. Any of the laptops sold on Best Buy (Excluding Netbooks) will run those games just fine.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thank you for the information. If I buy a new laptop withVista do I STILL need to install drivers? I truly am a beginner at this. I appreciate your time & expertise.

lobo

Highlighted
Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

All laptops bought already have this done for you, and many laptops have automatic utilities installed that will help you update your drivers and tell you when new updates are ready for your specific brand of desktop or laptop.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***