Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Dell Laptop, with XP. Need to buy a burner..

I want to  take photos stored in my laptop, and burn them to a cd/dvd. What burner can you recommend, and do they come with a burn program? i need "simple ! simple"! not very computer savy..

and i hear that not all of the disc's will play on all computers, will i be able to play it on a TV?

what type of disc's do i need to buy?

Thanks!

Topics: 1,116
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Dell Laptop, with XP. Need to buy a burner..

The most common disc out there that will play on televisions is DVD. However there are formats such as DVD+R and DVD-R. A majority of DVD Players out on the market hooked up to American televisions will play both the Plus and Minus format. So you will need plenty of those.

Next I found the following burner:

LG - SecurDisc 20x External Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Super Multi Drive

This can be viewed here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8363415&type=product&id=1177717702793

22 customers who rated this average out at a user rating of 4.4 and it seems to be a satisfying 4.4 at that.

The the current  cost is $99.99 and it hooks into your USB port on your computer. You most likely have to plug in an AC adapter into the wall but that does not require someone to be computer savvy to do that Smiley Very Happy

All DVD Burners purchased, unless I am aware otherwise do come with burning software solutions to accompany the new drive you just bought.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thanks hockyguy! sounds simple enough.I appreciate your response, and will reply back with just how easy it is! Smiley Wink

Kim in Taylor, Mi

Windows XP also has tools built in to help you burn them to a disc. Im not sure what its called anymore since I made the switch to Windows Vista.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Really?! well i will have to check that out too..so glad i found this site..lots of good info, and i am learning a bit, hope it works out.Don't evn want to think of switching to vista just yet!  Kim
Highlighted

If you are looking for a no frills simple program for Windows XP without breaking the bank too much, Microsoft offers a program for Windows XP users called Photo Story 3. Heres the downside, in order to enable DVD Burning, you need to pay a fee of $19.99 for the plugin that allows you to burn discs from Photo Story. However the good news is that I took a look at the programs interface and it looks very user friendly.

Microsoft explains how the program works here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/DigCameraPhotostorytoDVD_StepByS...