Add Product

Search Results:

Could i have a new graphics card installed?

So my intel graphics suck and play everything slow....which sucks cause im not a good computer guy and i bought an expensive sony vaio....could i buy another graphics card and install it on my comp?
Recognized Member

Re: Could i have a new graphics card installed?

unforutnately u can do that, all the graphics are solder in to the motherboard. a lot of people have been spreading rumors saying there's "removable graphics card" and "express card video adapter." i have been searching for those myself because i too have an intel graphics. i can say there's no luck at all. i've ben looking for it for 2 years now. if you still can i'd recommend exchanging the computer or sell that computer off to a friend of urs, and get one with a nvidia or ati graphics.
Topics: 1,531
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

In theory, All Desktops can be upgraded because there is some type of expansion slot located on the motherboard... However each motherboard is different and not support fancier upgrades.

As I posted in another posting, www.bustype.com can be used to check whats in your computer.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Assuming this is a desktop, you can usually put in a new video card, BUT, this is something that needs to be done by someone experienced unless you are comfortable playing around in your BIOS and possibly setting jumpers, etc.  It shouldn't be a big deal although I don't know how upgradeable a VAIO is.
Recognized Member

i am guessing he/she bought a laptop, not a desktop. i haven't seen a sony vaio desktop in ages.