Add Product

Search Results:

Computer monitor screen no signal

I have two LG montors. Monitor 1 was hooked up via an HDMi cable and monitor 2 was hooked up via a DisplayPort. I changed where my cpu is at, so I had to purchase a new cord for monitor 1. Monitor 1 is now hooked up using a DisplayPort and it is connected to the correct spot (that has been verified). Monitor 2 is now connected via HDM and I get a no signal error. I have restarted my computer and tried to force it to recognize the second monitor via the settings with still "no signal" error. The input option on the second monitor is not allowing me to do anything. Any suggestions?

Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Computer monitor screen no signal

If one of them can display you will want to check the device  manager for any hardware issues if its present. You can also check Display Settings in Windows and see the options to extend your device or duplicate your monitor. Something on your machine possibly is not tolerating this change.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***