Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Computer Problem Downloading/Installing

My laptop worked well for awhile since I obtained it, then one day, my programs began to be blocked.  Now, I can no longer successfully download nor install a program (mainly games) from the internet, nor can I install any programs from a cd-rom.  Whenever I try to do so, an error message pops up saying:

C:\Windows\system32\FirewallSettings.exe

The

Highlighted

Re: Computer Problem Downloading/Installing

Sorry, it became posted although it was not finished.  The next phrase which should be above states:

The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry.

What does this mean and why does it block just about every program I try to install?

Highlighted
Topics: 1,161
Kudos: 577
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 282

[ Edited ]

On the Windows Vista start menu, click on start and then type in

FirewallSettings.exe

Press Enter.

A user account control prompt should come up, and if you accept it a new box comes up.

Click the tab that says "Exceptions" and see if you find any programs out of the ordinary that are being blocked. You may have to adjust some settings in order for it to work.

If you experiment with something and it goes wrong, you can always click on the advanced tab and select "Restore Default Settings"

edit- doh@ grammar - I need more coffee.

Message Edited by hockeycanuckjc on 12-10-2008 01:42 PM
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Once I press Enter for FirewallSettings.exe, a prompt does come up if I want to continue.  If I press continue, however, the same message as before pops up, saying that the cache loader doesn't have MUI entry.

Highlighted
Topics: 1,161
Kudos: 577
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 282

Im going to look into the further- The results im getting on search engines link to spam extreme and its going to take awhile to filter out spam vs legit results.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***