Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Computer Freezes Right After Start up

It is a HP notebook laptop, after i start the laptop it works fine for 1 minute then freezes. If anyone can help please let me know asap!
Highlighted
Recognized Member

Re: Computer Freezes Right After Start up

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode and then using System Restore to restore to a check point before it started doing this?
Highlighted

i'm not sure how to use safe mode, i still have a waranty till the end of the month, do you know if it would cover this issue, it may be some kind of virus, im not sure though

Highlighted
Topics: 1,117
Kudos: 557
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Is this is a new laptop, or a used one. Some HP notebooks have built in diagnostics that you can boot into and check to see if there is a hardware fault. 

Such instructions can be found at http://support.hp.com/us-en and inputting your model number.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

Also if you're under warranty, YES don't chance it send it in, you may also be able to take it to an HP authorized service center and save yourself some postage. HP support may be able to help facilitate this. 

Hardware issues are more likely to cause issues but on some computers I've worked on in the past, one virus really bogged down a friends computer to the point it did that. 

If it's a virus, they will let you know about it but won't work on it without obtaining payment info for you to authorize the service. You could also be responsible for return shipping if the issue is a result of something not covered under your warranty and you want your computer back. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Highlighted

It is new, i believe it is called a MC2600 notebook or sonething like that, all i can do for a desc. is say it's silver, has Beats speakers, touch screen, light up keyboard, and cost about $600.
Highlighted

Do you mean Gateway? A quick search shows that's a product of Gateway and not HP.

Highlighted

No it's definetly HP it has a metalic HP logo on the back of it and has the logo in the start up screens...
Highlighted

There is no MC2600 that comes up in the HP library. Use the link I gave you above and install their tool to scan your computer for the model number you have. It should also be on a sticker on your laptop unless you have peeled it off. That's the best way to help you at this point so this info is helpful.

Highlighted

I can not open anything before it freezes let alone downloading