Add Product

Search Results:

Compatible?

Im planning to buy this package http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+Inspiron+I580-6736NBC+Desktop%2C+18.5%22+LCD+Monitor+%26+Wireless+3... plus ill buy a GTS 450 video card and a PSU about 430W im wondering if all of this would be compatible

Highlighted
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: Compatible?

A 430 watt power supply is barely cutting it, I'd go with something 500 or higher, other than that, you won't have any problems.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Just a heads up, you are buying a computer with a Dell Warranty. Installing parts that are not factory to Dell may invalidate your warranty. This includes damage from a power supply that is not theirs. You may want to purchase accidental insurance, just in case. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

If you install a PCIe graphics card, usually you do not have to go into the BIOS and switch it as many motherboards override the built in when a discrete solution is added but some do not.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

im using the original power supply now when i put the 500W i put all same just that i added another for the graphics card and the monitor doesnt detect source