Add Product

Search Results:

Choices on a Laptop

Hello I am new to Laptops such as Graphic Cards, CPU an Ram Power. I need a Laptop from Price range from $200-$700 that can do perfect with Adobe Premiere Pro an Adobe After Effects An I Need More details on which laptops from that price range that can do Editing software's well. Hope you get back quick
Emerging Expert

Re: Choices on a Laptop

Something consider whey buying any computer based on a software you want to run is to look for hardware requirement and recommendations. Almost any software will have these available online. simply search for Adobe Premier Pro Hardware requirements.  Here they are below

• Multicore processor with 64-bit support.
  • Microsoft Windows 7 
  • Supporting Windows 10 Creator Edition & Dial.
  • 8 GB of RAM 

Pretty much every computer Best Buy carries exceeds this.  However, I would avoid a Chrombook, or Netbook.  These are laptops designed for Social Media, Email, streaming music, etc.

Some will tell you that you need a high end graphics card. True and not true.  Most of your editing power is going to come from your RAM and and your Processor.  Once again most of Best Buys computers are at or above what you need.

However,  I would still go for what is referred to as a dedicated graphics card, but you don't need one that is going to really rock todays video games. 

And you going to want a good size disk drive.  At least 500 GB or more.

My personal desire though photo and video editing is to have a 17" display.

In your price range you may not want to expect perfect.  Higher end editing can really chew up resources. 

I would suggest on the web site to go to the computers and filter to the Gaming Laptops. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Consider the one by checking based on the reviews and purchase if it meets up your requirement.

1. processor: Intel® i5-4590 / AMD FX 8350 equivalent or greater.
  2. Memory: 4 GB RAM
  3. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 equivalent or greater