Add Product

Search Results:

Can I downgrade to Win 7

I recently found a computer I like Asus Essentio desktop Model CM6830-07 but the trouble is I play games that is compatible with win 8

can I Downgrade or Will I Have to But A Separate hard Drive and install win 7 on it?

Re: Can I downgrade to Win 7

I mean that's not compatible

Valued Contributor

You don't need to downgrade to Windows 7. Windows 8 is compatible with anything from Windows 7 and it works better with software from previous versions of Windows.

okj my secound thing is do i nee a toch sceen moniter to use window 8

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

No you don't, it's just one of the main features if you have one.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

I've had Windows 8 for awhile now and for the most part, mainly everything ran with the exception of some casual game publishers online, Gamehouse in particular has a big issue right now with Windows 8 and games from their download site dont work on Win 8 at the moment. There are other sites that offer download games that are having similar problems with games not working.

Can you please post back the kind of games you want to play so I can check whether or not they will work?

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.

mostly maplestory i play but i own a few steam games lik terraria,harry pottter lego 1-5 ,Rusty heart,Leauge of ledgands,runescape,wow,

Topics: 1,806
Kudos: 915
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 351

Starting with Windows 8 Adobe Flash has been embedded into Internet Explorer 10 and so on the new Start Button interface you will have borderless browsing and Flash will work on most sites. However plugins such as Shockwave and Java will not work from the embedded version of IE10.

You have to launch Internet Explorer from the desktop by clicking the desktop tile on your start screen and then clicking on the "E" and use Maple Story that way if you log into the site to play.

In regards to the Steam platform, everything works as expected its going to be launching from the Desktop like it did in Windows 7 and previous versions.

All of the other games you have mentioned will work no problem with the exception of WOW which may require some updates the first time you launch the client. If you have the bandwidth I strongly would do a full install with updates to minimize any problems.

Install of Direct X still applies to installation of Lego adventure games and is required otherwise the game crashes after the copy protection check.

Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.