Add Product

Search Results:

Call of Duty 5 on Vista 64 will not run

I just purchased CoD5 and installed on my computer with Vista 64 bit. It will not run and neither will CoD 4. Some of my other games will not run either. Has anyone else had this trouble? Any suggestions??

pklaws

Re: Call of Duty 5 on Vista 64 will not run

I personally do not have Vista but from what I have herd it still has bugs in it. It is possible that this is one of those bugs. You mentioned that other games were not running. If it was just CoD5 then I would suggest to just get a patch online, that is what I had to do when I first got FFOW, but since it is multipe games I belive it is vista. I do not know much about the CoD games but I would check to see if that and the other games are compatible with vista. I know some games are not for some reason. If this is not the problem then I will let someone with more expirence with vista respond. Sorry about that.
Topics: 1,113
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 270

This issue also depends on the cores of the processor in your computer as well.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Recognized Member

i play Call of Duty 4 on a 32-bit vista.

it works perfectly. so don't blame it on vista. People gotta stop spreading rumors. Read the software compatibility list before saying vistas are buggy. here's the thing. what a lot of people doesn't know is vista IS NOT compatible with older software. it's not buggy, it's just made that way. Microsoft probably want to encourage people in purchasing new software because it will actually help the economy (don't take my word for it, this is how i see it.)

64 bit operating systems (not just vista, XP too) has a known issue for compatibility with some software

some software out there are not compatible to run in a 64-bit operating system.

you can contact the manufacture for call of duty 4 and 5 to see if they have a patch made for 64-bit operating system. you can ask them just to confirm if it will work.

Not sure either.  A bunch of my games don't work properly on Vista.  Even my mail seems to crash often.  Very annoying. confused.gif

Trusted Member

I have vista, I play  COD5, COD4, farcry, crysis,  Dirt, Sega rally, starcraft, diablo II, counterstrike source, stalker, assasins creed,

Never had a problem with vista (32 bit)    but maybe I am lucky.. I have a gateway with an added Nvidia 8800GT.  3GB of memory