Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Business and Gaming PC on a budget

Hi, I am trying to find the best computer for my small growing business that can also be used as a personal and gaming computer. I do not want to get everything tangled up and confused and I am on a budget. Could I set up a tv beside a computer system and have it run on both screens? I need a computer that can do all three things: personal, business, and gaming. What should I do?

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Business and Gaming PC on a budget

Most TV's do not have the capability of using a TV as a monitor with satisfying results. 

A gaming computer is going to be your bigger expense. Entry level gaming computers will not provide high end results but will still be satisfying.

this tower from iBuyPower 

may suit your needs.  

coupled with this monitor

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

But does a gaming pc limit my personal and business ability to grow?

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

I would need more details on the nature of your business on that kind of question.

I ran an online drop shop business for 10 years.  Lots of photos and web page making, using MS Office products.

The specs for the Laptops I used for those functions was very low as.

Your gaming computers will tend to need more RAM, and more advanced Graphics Processors to better function. Most business applications do not require all that much.

My current job uses advanced drawing applications and does require a higher end computer.  

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

The business includes a sports club as well as a clothing store. I am completely new to this and I was thinking of switching from PS4 to PC. So I was wondering what computer is best for a business, gaming, as well as holding personal social accounts and pictures.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Your spec need for a computer for you business will very minimal.  What you do for your business will be more dependent on the software.  And I would expect the software requirements will be very minimal on the hardware side.

I would suggest you need to find the software platform first that will do what you want. 

It is quite common to see doing what you need for your business on an iPad. My local club has iPads at the entrance people can sign in on.  They also use them to take client photos.  If you decide to go the route of id cards you can get scanners to scan a bar code when they come on and the client info can pop of for the attendant.  Once again iPads work well for this also.

I am assuming if you want to use it for both than you are probably looking at a laptop to you can take it home to game.  that is the case you may also want to look into a data back up for your business data and a good protection system.  Gaming and gaming web sites tend to lead to a lot of malware sites and you will want to protect your client data.  

But getting back to your original question.  For the business just about any laptop BB sells should work. I would stay away from those that are designed mostly for social media and YouTube.  But those would not work for gaming at all.

My favorite business computers are Dell.  That is all I have been using at my office since 2001.  When I had my home business I purchased 2 different Dells over the years. In fact my second Dell which was  17" which is now 11 years old I just plugged in and updated and configured VPN so my wife could work from home as well. 

Here are two I would recommend for a budget that will be decent for gaming.  Keeping in mind your not going to be playing at maximum specs for newer games.  But a few years ago the specs in these were things that gaming geeks like me drooled over.

HP - 15.6" Gaming Laptop

Dell G3

I have a Best Buy Credit card that I make all my purchases on.  Right now many computers qualify for 12 month interest free financing.  

You may also want to look at an external Solid State Drive that you can back your business data up to every day or look for some sort of cloud solution.