Add Product

Search Results:

Blue Screen Error on HP Spectre

Hello!

Over the past year or so I have been experiencing errors with widows when editing videos that read as video TDR failure, power state failure, and drive failure. I have an HP Spectre laptop I purchased in 2019 running on windows 11. I use after effects, sony vegas pro, and third-party plugins such as sapphire, bcc, twixtor, and mbl. the error occurs in both apps though it happened quicker and more often in after effects. in svp I can edit for times carrying 15 minutes-2 hours. while on after effects it usually ranges from 1-10 minutes. I have purchased an external hard drive to fix the problem but I have not set it up yet. 

before I bring my laptop to the geek squad, does anyone know how to fix my issue? 

**i have contacted windows and i run a core i7 8th generation with nvidia**

Valued Expert

Re: Blue Screen Error on HP Spectre

I would speculate that quite possilby the applications that you have may not compatible with Windows 11

Perhaps you may need to update those applications and the 3rd party plug ins

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Thank you for your response, I have only been updating my main applications (creative cloud, my driver, and both ae and svp) I did not even think about updating the third-party plugins. I will post again to let you know if your suggestion fixes the problem,

Thanks again!

Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

I hope this works out for you. I'm an early adopter of technology and when Windows 11 came out I was fascinated and saw how much more sharper and cleaner the interface worked. Had no issues with the games or apps I used. Seems that each computer is a different experience so hopefully they will improve on the framework on the OS so more apps can run without performance issues.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Trusted Contributor

Tdr issues tend to be ether driver related or hardware failure. Spector's tended to be solid state drive machines, hard drive issues would be rare.

I would update the video driver from Nvidia's site and check hp for a bios update.

If your doing that much video editing Spector's don't have much in the way of cooling. It could very well be it needs a motherboard. In which case it's not worth repairing, get a gaming laptop to replace it. They don't look as nice with Thier plastic cases but have much much better cooling.

I make sure to keep my nvidia driver updated but I will also try the hp bios update. 

I have been thinking about buying a gaming laptop though so I will probably go ahead and purchase one soon.

Thank you for the reply, I will let you know if it works!

Hey lads, I have been encountering similar issues, any fix?