Add Product

Search Results:

Blu Ray upgrade for my Gateway P-6831FX Notebook ?

Does anyone know if there's a Blu Ray upgrade for my Gateway P-6831FX Notebook ?

Also what CPU upgrades are possible ?  And what RAM do I need to buy to increase to 4Gig ?

Thanks... Rich.

Re: Blu Ray upgrade for my Gateway P-6831FX Notebook ?

Same laptop to you and I think you can update to blu ray but not sure.. I use mine for gaming...  I would ask geeksquad about the ram and for the CPU I know it can be expanded to 2.6 but I know its one the the Intel T series of what ever Iook it up.
Highlighted
Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Blu Ray upgrade for my Gateway P-6831FX Notebook ?

One thing if you are going to run blu ray discs you will want to run a test on your laptop before you upgrade. Cyberlink is a company that sells Blu Ray player software and developed a readiness test to see if your computer can handle it, see the site below for more details.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***