Add Product

Search Results:

Autocad computer

Looking for a decent laptop or desktop to run/download autocad, Mastercam, and solidworks.
Emerging Expert

Re: Autocad computer

AutoCAD 2019
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit only), 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit), or 7 SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
  • Processor: 2.5 GHz (3+ GHz recommended)
  • Memory: 8 GB (16GB recommended)
  • Disk space: 6.0 GB.
  • Display: 1920 x 1080 resolution with True Color.

Any of the gaming computers listed on Best Buys web site will run AutoCAD just fine.  

I use AutoCAD map at work and my computer is just a scratch over these specs, except I am running Windows 7. And  I do have 16GB of RAM.

For AutoCAD you will also want a descrete GPU for grapics. 

Personally would not want to try to make a living with AutoCAD with a monitor as small as a laptops.  So you may want to consider an external monitor as well. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Emerging Expert

I guess I would also suggest looking to one that has outputs for two monitors. 

Not necessary but once you have worked programs like this on dual monitors you have hard time going back.

As for monitors, for this application I would vere away from a 16:9 aspect monitor.

for drawings at 16:10 works better.  Granted the 16:9 tend to look wider and cost less.  But the extra height makes a huge difference. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Highlighted

Looking at solidworks recommendation on graphic cards. None of the GeForce cards are capable.
Emerging Expert

Have not tried it with any GeForce cards.  I am running a AMD Radeon R5 240 which if you look at its specs is pretty low down on the list.  

Looking at the products bestbuy sell they come with a GeForce or an amd Radeon RX 580 or 560. None of these are preferred for solidworks
Emerging Expert

You would need the Quadro card from Nvidia to go with that brand.  Or the AMD FirePro or Radeon Pro

I don't know if this link will work but here is what they carry 

Link