Add Product

Search Results:

Asus U52F-BBL9

I just took this laptop out of the box and I was wondering if there is supposed to be any sort of owner's manual.  This is my first laptop and I would have thought there would at least be something telling me how to turn the thing on, attach the power cords.  Attach and care for the battery, the screen, the case, etc.  All it had was an "Express Gate Manual" and a notice regarding the fact they no longer supply recovery discs.  There wasn't even anything saying what should be in the box so I have to assume that I'm not missing anything.  I went to the Asus web site, but since this is a BB exclusive model they have no information on this unit. 

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Re: Asus U52F-BBL9

Nope. Look on the desktop once you get it setup. It's all digital now.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

Thanks.   I kind of figured that, but I thought there would be something on paper like what's in the box and how to connect the power cords and battery.  Some things you need to know before operating.  Obviously I figured it out and I've done the windows set-up and now making the recovery discs, which I guess could have waited until later.  Once that's done I'll look to see what kind of instructions are actually on the computer.

Topics: 292
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 81

The idea here is that the cables should all be different sizes so you can't put them in the wrong holes, or labeled with pictures/colors so you can figure it out pretty simply. Why waste paper? (especially since they tended to confuse rather then clarify).

Geek squad does provide training if you need it, and you should of gotten 6 months of Ask an Agent (with most machines).That means you have six months of basic question answering about your device.

Computers can be a learning curve if you've never owned one. Don't be too afraid of experimenting! You can always recover your machine using the built-in recovery options or the backup CD's that you're making. Messing up and figuring out a solution is the only way you'll truely understand the machine in front of you, honestly. 

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox

I've owned many computers.  This just happens to be my first laptop.  I'm hardly a novice or afraid to use the computer.  I just think it's helpful when you take a new product out of the box to get at least a minimum amount of information about it.  It really is nice to know what is actually supposed to be in the box.  "Not wasting paper" is just an excuse for shortchanging the customer.  I'm not blaming BB for this.  It is universal among manufacturers.  There should be written instructions to get you through the initial set-up of the machine which you have to go through before you can get to any manual residing on the hard drive.