Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Adding VRAM

I have an Asus Rog G751J, and have been told that it is possible to upgrade. I wanted to know if it's possible to add VRAM and if this is a service my local Best Buy's geek squad would be able to perform, as well as the average cost that may be charged.
Topics: 1,115
Kudos: 753
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 271

Re: Adding VRAM

The parts and the time involved would possibly near exceed the price of what you originally paid for your unit. Does your unit have a dedicated video card, or is it shared by the ram? 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Kudos: 122
Solutions: 97

Re: Adding VRAM

Are you looking for Virtual RAM or Video RAM(GPU) upgrades? The G751J should have a pretty beefy video card to begin with... Even so, one of the biggest disadvantages with a laptop is the inability to upgrade the hardware easily.
In some cases, you can find laptops that support multiple video cards, but replacing the graphics chip is a huge hassle...assuming you can even find the correct GPU chip to buy in the first place.
-
I am not a Best Buy / Geek Squad employee. All comments and opinions are my own.