Add Product

Search Results:

A new computer for multi-tasking and gaming.

I'm planning to get a new computer for Christmas.

I'm going to be using it to hopefully run games like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and starcraft.

I'm also going to be using it to multi task. (music, browsing the web, homework)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Studio+XPS+8100+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174;+Core%26%23153;+i7+Proce...

That computer is what I had in mind.

Is this computer good enough to meet my needs?

Any help and information will be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: A new computer for multi-tasking and gaming.

The link you posted does not work.
If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!

Dang... Well it's called Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop.
I guess I'll just buy it.
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Link doesn't work, but, yes, that's a decent machine Smiley Happy

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

OH did you look at the specs of the xps?

Yeah. the link doesn't work as posted, but the SKU(item) number is in the link so I just looked it up Smiley Very Happy

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

I appreciate it.

So uhm.. back to my question..

Will it be able to meet my needs in terms of gaming and multi tasking?

That's pretty close to being on par with my system, though I only have e Core i7-930, the Dell has a slightly lower graphics card.

Smiley Happy That's still a worthy machine.

Yeah but you still didn't answer my question.

D:

Sorry, I use phrases too much.

It will do fine. The CPU is more than capable of handling multi-tasking, and the graphics card, though not "premo" top of the line, should do well with gaming.