Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

A Little Recommendation please.

I was planning on buy a computer for your basic mmorpg gaming like wow, lineage 2 , maplestory etc etc and the gaming laptops were way out of my budget ($700 or less because I have to buy a range expander aswell so my total budget is $850). I was going to buy the Dell Inspiron Laptop SKU: 8989017 but its appears to be in stock then sold out a few hours later , and I was wondering if anyone else could recommend a good laptop for me with 200+ hdd space. I'm planning on buying it from Florida most likely sawgrass or ft Lauderdale bestbuy branches not online because well don't have a credit card and bestbuy doesn't ship to my country. If no one is able to find  a good one I'll buy a dell inspiron desktop package
 Thanks in Advance
Topics: 114
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Re: A Little Recommendation please.

Welcome, thatBahamasdude!

Here we go, down to the wire!  That laptop is fine for word processing and emails/internet, but most gamers prefer an enhanced graphics chip.

Please keep in mind that I am using bestbuy.com to search, so store stock will vary widely.  A few tips:

• Click on notebook computers and use the yellow side bar to help narrow down your search. In your case I would recommend narrowing down your search  by Price (under $700) and also by RAM or hard drive size.
  • Click on Read the Reviews and see what others are saying, with special attention to gamers' comments about WOW, etc. 
  • Does it have an enhanced graphics chip? Research the chip in relation to your games.
  • If you purchase a computer with 4GB or more, be sure to check each gaming software for Vista 64-bit compatability or patches/upgrades before you purchase the notebook.

Ultimately,however, you will need to go to the store and ask for advice.  Anyone here have further advice?

Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on
Topics: 1,937
Kudos: 1,016
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 360

Re: A Little Recommendation please.

A majority of the games Ive tested on Vista Business 64 bit run just fine, however , screensaver applications, and older programs with dll's that depend on 32 bit access might not fu nction right.
Best Buy Forums Super User since 2008. Please note I am not employed by Best Buy and I answer questions on my own time. If you find something helpful please add kudos to it. Should something solve your issue please remember to mark inquiries as solved.