Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

A Little Recommendation please.

I was planning on buy a computer for your basic mmorpg gaming like wow, lineage 2 , maplestory etc etc and the gaming laptops were way out of my budget ($700 or less because I have to buy a range expander aswell so my total budget is $850). I was going to buy the Dell Inspiron Laptop SKU: 8989017 but its appears to be in stock then sold out a few hours later , and I was wondering if anyone else could recommend a good laptop for me with 200+ hdd space. I'm planning on buying it from Florida most likely sawgrass or ft Lauderdale bestbuy branches not online because well don't have a credit card and bestbuy doesn't ship to my country. If no one is able to find  a good one I'll buy a dell inspiron desktop package
 Thanks in Advance
Topics: 112
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 17

Re: A Little Recommendation please.

Welcome, thatBahamasdude!

Here we go, down to the wire!  That laptop is fine for word processing and emails/internet, but most gamers prefer an enhanced graphics chip.

Please keep in mind that I am using bestbuy.com to search, so store stock will vary widely.  A few tips:

• Click on notebook computers and use the yellow side bar to help narrow down your search. In your case I would recommend narrowing down your search  by Price (under $700) and also by RAM or hard drive size.
  • Click on Read the Reviews and see what others are saying, with special attention to gamers' comments about WOW, etc. 
  • Does it have an enhanced graphics chip? Research the chip in relation to your games.
  • If you purchase a computer with 4GB or more, be sure to check each gaming software for Vista 64-bit compatability or patches/upgrades before you purchase the notebook.

Ultimately,however, you will need to go to the store and ask for advice.  Anyone here have further advice?

Matthew|Community Advocate | Best Buy® CorporateVisit our Channel on
Topics: 1,498
Kudos: 727
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 320

Re: A Little Recommendation please.

A majority of the games Ive tested on Vista Business 64 bit run just fine, however , screensaver applications, and older programs with dll's that depend on 32 bit access might not fu nction right.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***