Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

15MS0832 - No Sound after Win10 Upgrade, Driver Reinstall Doesn't Help

I did the Win10 upgrade through Windows Update a couple of days ago.  I haven't had sound since the update completed.  The proper Intel sound device appears to be functioning properly in both Device Manager and when accessed by Volume Control, but no sound is present for any apps, windows sounds, keyboard typing, etc.  I haven't tried reverting to Win 8.1 yet and would like to avoid if possible.  I also have ~4 days left to make an RMA with CowBoom if I need to.  Any advice, suggestions, or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Visitor

Re: 15MS0832 - No Sound after Win10 Upgrade, Driver Reinstall Doesn't Help

hi

can you make bios backup and send it to me please 

{removed per forum guidelines}

thx

Visitor

I'm not familiar with how to do so.  Is there a turorial I could work through?

Thanks!

Visitor

Hi

you need to download this 

http://www.ami.com/download-license-agreement/?DownloadFile=AMIBIOS_and_Aptio_AMI_Firmware_Update_Ut...

after you download open cmd run afuwin.exe backup.rom /O

after it finished send me the backup.rom to sarulon"gmail.com

Thanks

Visitor

Hello shopkins82,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

If it is showing in the device manager correctly I would think the drivers are fine. I'm not sure if you still have the tablet, but if you do you can try this. Go into the device manager and then to sound and audio devices. From here we are going to uninstall the current sound driver. Once thats uninstalled, scan for hardware changes. This will download the up to date driver.

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I am hitting this as well.  I have uninstalled the drivers from Device Manager, checked the box that says remove drivers and rebooted.  Upon reboot, new hardware is detected and I see the "Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)" get installed but still no audio.

Are their "older" drivers I can try to install from Insignia?

Visitor

Sorry for not reporting back, but I've had nothing to report.  I returned my first 15MS0832 to CowBoom and they dropped the ball on shipping my replacement which won't be here until next week.  

I see another person has had the same problem.  Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY upgraded their 15MS0832 to Win10 without losing audio?

Thanks!

Visitor

OK, well.  Figured it was some driver versioning issue, unfortunatly Insignia doesn't publish their base drivers, luckily other vendors do and doing a Bing search on "Intel SST Audio Device" landed me on Lenovo's website:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds040016

I downloaded this .EXE, ran the installer and let it extract to a folder.  At the end of installation, I told it not to run the installation.  I then "disconnected" from my WiFi and then ran Device Manager and uninstalled both the Intel and RealTek audio devices under Sound, Video and Game Controllers", check marking the box that says "Delete Driver" on each one.

At this point, I did a "Scan for new hardware" and it found a new device.  Because I deleted the driver and disconnect from WiFi, no drivers are installed from DriverStore nor from Windows Update.

I then did a manual driver update and pointed to the Audio folder under the Lenovo folder that I previously extracted.

I now have audio.

Visitor

Excellent!  I tried that Lenovo solution as well, but actually ran the .EXE which caused all kinds of other issues and required a Refresh to fix.  If my Win10 update ends up without Audio, I'll go with the route you described... but thanks to Cowboom flubbing my RMA, I won't know until next week.

Thanks,

Stephen

Visitor

OK, had to do the same thing with the Camera.  The camera was showing up in Device Manager but when I launched the Camera application, got a "Something went wrong..."

Dropped WiFi, uninstalled camera, rescanned, manual driver update and pointed to Camera folder of Lenovo's directory.