Add Product

Search Results:

Which AMP do I buy for my 10' kicker comp

I bought 2 10' kickers comp (4 Ohm) but im only wanting to use 1 in a closed box I have for right now.   I have no idea which amp I should buy as in Class A/B, D or which ever there is. I want to be able to use the subwoofer at its fullest potential without busting it. The subs are 500watts each. Can someone please guide me....Thank you

Re: Which AMP do I buy for my 10' kicker comp

Check and see what the subs can handle in rms watts and make sure its not peak rms is countinuous power (should be on the box they came in or you can look it up). Decide on what brand amp you like that puts out that amount of watts when it is bridged/mono (meaning running neg - from one out put and positive + from the other). I recommend you find an amp that puts out the rms watts the subs can handle x2 the amp should say something like 200x2 rms  and that would be plenty of power.

Geek Squad Agent

Re: Which AMP do I buy for my 10' kicker comp

@Good_Tymes wrote:

I bought 2 10' kickers comp (4 Ohm) but im only wanting to use 1 in a closed box I have for right now.   I have no idea which amp I should buy as in Class A/B, D or which ever there is. I want to be able to use the subwoofer at its fullest potential without busting it. The subs are 500watts each. Can someone please guide me....Thank you

if you got teh kicker comps those only run at 150 RMS, so you would need a 300 watt amp, or you could go with the kicker 500.1 that is a really good amplifier.  If you got the kicker CVR's those are 400 rms each so if you have 2 you will need a 1000.1 kicker amp, or anything that is a true 1000 watt amp.  if they are the kickers with the yellow paint on them then they are the comps that are 150 watts rms each.