Add Product

Search Results:

Home Theatre

Missed sale last week on Yamaha + Klipsch speakers + sub for, I think $945.  Do you think it will be redone before xmas???  Looked recently at a Onkyo s6100 system at another retailer but sound was flat - no highs.  Any comments on Onkyo systems?

Valued Member

Re: Home Theatre

I do not have a HTIB, but can recommend that you take a look at http://www.hometheatermag.com/advicefromtheexperts/907htibshoptips/index.html  or http://www.hometheatermag.com/hometheaterinabox/118/index.html for a review ofHTIBs

Traditionally, Onkyo has had a great tuner and their overall sound quality, when matched with the right speakers, will provide you witha pleasing sound.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not work for Best Buy and am not affiliated with them in any way. I like HT and want to help people improve their HT experience. "There is a LOT more than just having a TV to make a home theater"
Recognized Member

Onkyo has made some GREAT HTiB in the last few years. Pretty good features and sound quality for the price. I myself have only had Paradigm or Klipsch speakers but if I were shopping HTiB I would definately give Onkyo a look see(Yamaha makes a good HTiB as well) their receivers are good.

Thanks guys for the help.  I went into a best buy store and found the system I wanted still on sale after all - even after calling customer service and them telling me they couldn't find the sale???  I bought a Yamaha rx-v463 and klipsch quintet III with 10 inch sub.  Loving it.  One question or thought:  why doesn't the receiver have a plug in for the sub so you don't have to turn it on separately each time?                          Thanks again.
Valued Member

It's probably a good idea to not plug the sub into the receiver since the amplifier on the sub could demand more amperage than what the receiver is capable is delivering.  The theory is that you want as big of a pipe of electricity available for your amplifiers so that they are never starved for current during loud passages.

I would recommend a separate dedicated circuit for your home theater equipment.  It's amazing to see how many outlets are all connected to one circuit breaker.  With a separate circuit your equipment will have plenty of current available.  I currently run a medium size theater on 2 20 amp circuits.  Everything except my 2 15" subs are on one one circuit and the 2 1000 watt amplifiers for the subs have their own circuit.

To reduce ground loops, its best to have everything on one circuit, but I have been lucky and do not have a ground loop issue with the subs on their own circuit.

Hope this helps...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not work for Best Buy and am not affiliated with them in any way. I like HT and want to help people improve their HT experience. "There is a LOT more than just having a TV to make a home theater"

Im loving my Yamaha  receiver but have one problem.  Cant get auto set-up to desplay on my tv screen after plugging in the supplied mike.  The receiver screen shows  (press start) ,  I do and nothing happens.  Any thoughts.