Add Product

Search Results:

Help with XM in my 06 Maxima

My 06 Maxima supports Sat radio, and I want to get XM installed in there, so I can see the text on my OEM display, and use the radio controls. I don't want an after market unit I put on some type of hang up cup in my car. I want the one that goes in the trunk, and is hardwired in.Does best buy sell that, or just install it? I see somebody on an online auction site sells it for about $230. WOuld the install be $79.99 at Best buy? Thanks.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help with XM in my 06 Maxima

@tydowns wrote:
My 06 Maxima supports Sat radio, and I want to get XM installed in there, so I can see the text on my OEM display, and use the radio controls. I don't want an after market unit I put on some type of hang up cup in my car. I want the one that goes in the trunk, and is hardwired in.Does best buy sell that, or just install it? I see somebody on an online auction site sells it for about $230. WOuld the install be $79.99 at Best buy? Thanks.

For a fully integrated XM install (e.g. maximum compatibility with factory HU and controls), you are best off getting the install done by a Nissan dealer.  (Assuming Nissan supports XM - I don't know if Nissan supported XM or Sirius back then.  There's basically no difference in content now, but the hardware is still different.)

I'd suggest looking around on some Maxima owner's forums.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.

Re: Help with XM in my 06 Maxima

Nissan backed Sirius.

And the only place I've ever seen for getting this is the dealer for Nissan. They're wiring and specs are tough from what I understand and a lot of aftermarket manufactures just don't bother with it. 

If you can find an aftermarket the plugs in the factory radio, you can bring that to be installed at your local shop. I would call ahead and talk with someone before you buy it though, just to be sure.