Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

photos from network: doesn't see my pc

My Infocast 8" sees my one computer running Windows 7, but doesn't see the other one running Windows XP (with UPnP enabled, if it matters), nor the Mac or NAS server.  I need it to at least see the Windows XP machine.  Any suggestions from anyone?

Visitor

Re: photos from network: doesn't see my pc

I have the same issue. I cant see any of my computers, but can access the web just fine

Visitor

Hello all,

I'm forwarding your request for technical support to our engineering team for additional research. We’ll do our best to get you a response within the next few business days, so please check back!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

pjsg over on the Chumby forums pointed me to the need to run the XP box as a DLNA server.  You can turn on sharing in Windows Media Player or install a 3rd party DLNA server.  I'm trying TVersisty.

Visitor

One more thing: there's some sort of bug, it seems if you try to access a folder with a very large number of files the device (and actual Chumbys) reboot.

Visitor

thanks, I did set up WMP11 to share the media and then I could see it. On my xp desktop, the infocast would reboot when I tried to access the folders. It worked fine on my windows 7 laptop.