Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: ns-dv720pbl2 not charging through usb

right after posting this, i finagled the battery a bit and it finally came on. i dont have an sd card in so it wont record and the battery is at one bar. and now it recognizes it again.

so weird. i dunno if it's another loose connection somewhere between the usb port and the power supply or what. but it seems to be at least kind of working for now.

Visitor

today it's not coming on and, again, not responding to the usb connection. i even found a 5.1V 1A wall charger for it, but nothings happening. I bet if I take it apart, it'll start working once I wiggle some things around.

so very odd.

Visitor

Hello diabetickoala,

Thank you for responding!

It does sound like there is a broken contact or a separated solder, that sometimes will touch, and then shift away.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

i messed with it again and the light came on. i tried to resolder the port again and realized that two of the pins were loose. when i removed the port to resituate it, the pins broke as i was putting them back in place. i'd like to try to replace the port, as they are inexpensive components. but i'm not sure what i need to get, since i've never done this and there seem to be several types (a type, B type, AB type).

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hirose-Connector/UX60SA-MB-5ST80/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMulM8LPOQ%252byk0f...

i was looking at this. it looks like the port from the camera. can you confirm or give me a part number of the usb port from the camera?

Visitor

Hello diabetickoala,

Thank you for responding!

Because all of our repair/warranty replacement are done by Geek Squad, they would be who you need to check with in terms of part info. You may be able to take the port to a electronics repair place and get a viable replacement piece.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support