Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

When I connected my NS-DCC5SR09/USB cable to my computer It does not show in My Computer

1). When I connected my NS-DCC5SR09/USB cable to my computer It does not show in My Computer.

I do here the beep loke it has connected, but there is no drive or anything to indicate that it is there.

My computer is "bad" enough to handle it by far.

2). I did puchase a  4GB SDHC memory card to go with it, so I could just insert that into my computer, but that

does not show up either with anything on it. It just gets a green light on , but thats it.

The computers memory slot just shows MMC / SD could this be why my computer will not read this.

Please Help, John

Visitor

Re: When I connected my NS-DCC5SR09/USB cable to my computer It does not show in My Computer

Did you install the driver correctly?
Visitor

Re: When I connected my NS-DCC5SR09/USB cable to my computer It does not show in My Computer

I did install the driver correctly I 1st in stalled it with the Cd that came with the product, then I tried to reinstall it from Insignia online/drivers. Both came up with the same results.

I plugged in the USB and you can here it beep like it has plugged in correctly, but cannot locate the driver from My Computer.

Thanks for asking, John

Visitor

Here is what my compter did. It used to recognize my camera thru the camera wizzard. Now it does so through My Computer. In order for it to do so, I had to install the camera through the Add Hardware file. Good luck.
Visitor

Hi johnnles and welcome to the forum.

I know this may sound trivial, but have you tried a different USB port? I would advice a USB port in the back of the computer.

You can also check the Device Manager to see what's wrong:

Make sure the camcorder is properly connected to a USB port.

Go to the System Properties and click on Device Manager.

You should see the camera either under Imaging devices, or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (here it'll appear as a USB Mass Storage Device). If you can't seem to find it, you can unplug the camera while looking at the Device Manager screen; if it's there, it'll disappear.

Once you find it, double-click on it and check the Device Status.

Were you able to use the SD card at any time? When you shoot either a video or a photo, is it recorded in it?

Regards,

Gonzo

Visitor

I had success!

I had to go to Computer Management were i saw the Insignia under removable disk 5.

There was no drive letter assigned to it and thats why I could not locate it under My Computer.

So a assigned it the letter V for video and That was it. Thanks for the ideas, now back to happy video-ing and

photo-ing!

John