Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Video Format Problems with NS-DPF8TR 8" Digtal Picture Frame

I am having problems covenverting videos to a format that my digital frame can read.  I have used Adobe Premiere CS3 to convert my video file to a .mov file with both Apple mpeg4 Compressor codec and Apple Motion JPEG A and B codecs.  When I transfer the video to the internal memory it keeps flashing the message "reading" & will not play Smiley Sad  Any suggestions?

Visitor

Re: Video Format Problems with NS-DPF8TR 8" Digtal Picture Frame

Try converting your video files to XVID format and make sure the resolution is at 640x480 or lower.
Visitor

Thanks Fred!  The xvid codec was just what I needed. Smiley Happy
Visitor

Audio Format Problems with NS-DPF8TR 8" Digtal Picture Frame

For a project I'm doing involving multiple NS-DPF8TRs, I'm converting some raw QuickTime to MPEG4 codec in a MOV file format.

Files converted that way look lovely. They fit the screen size just right. However, the sound track is entirely missing. What audio codec should I use? AAC? MPEG AAC? or what? The sound plays fine on my laptop -- but is missing on the NS-DPF8TR.

Any advice. PS, I used Compressor to make the files. Here is the settings summary I made for this project:

Name: Insignia Frame MPEG4 in MOV file
Description: QuickTime MPEG4 video with MPEG4 audio at 48 kHz. Settings based off the source resolution and frame-rate.
File Extension: mov
Estimated file size: 2.75 GB/hour of source
Segmentation on cluster disabled
Audio Encoder
    AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz
Video Encoder
    Format: QT
    Width: (100% of source)
    Height: (100% of source)
        Selected: 720 x 480
    Pixel aspect ratio: NTSC CCIR 601/DV
    Crop: None
    Padding: None
    Frame rate: (100% of source)
    Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off
    Codec Type: MPEG-4 Video
    Multi-pass: Off, frame reorder: Off

Pixel depth: 24
    Spatial quality: 100
    Min. Spatial quality: 25
    Key frame interval: 24
    Temporal quality: 50
    Min. temporal quality: 25
    Average data rate: 6.554 (Mbps)

I've also tried MPEG AAC and LInear PCM. In all cases, lovely picture, no audio! Any advice?

Visitor

Re: Audio Format Problems with NS-DPF8TR 8" Digital Picture Frame

Hello Keith,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

I'll have to look into supported audio codecs for .MOV, since it should be compatible with the specs you provided. My advise meanwhile is, if you can, to convert the movies to .AVI, using xVid for video and MP3 for audio, until I come with the information.

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

There was a degradation in quality (as you might imagine) with those settings; however, I'll experiment with them again. Meanwhile if you could research supported audio codecs in MPEG/MOV, I'd appreciate it. I know it's a codec problem as I've gotten the audio to work in other settings). MP4, for instance, worked beautifully, except that there was a one second delay between the audio and the video (not GOOD).

Visitor

Hello Keith,

Sorry for the long time I took for this answer, but I wanted to be sure and provide all the required steps so you could solve this issue. Actually the audio encoding needed for the Frame to play MOV, is MP3, so basically you will need to encode the file with MPEG4 for video and MP3 for audio. I used Final Cut Pro (that is the one I have on my computer) to convert some videos I recorded on different formats and voila!, so I can guarantee that program does do the trick. However any program that supports such encoding will do.

Please let me know any other question you may have and I 'll try to answer it ASAP!

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Re: Audio Format Problems with NS-DPF8TR 8" Digtal Picture Frame

I am trying to load a movie file that was made using Windows Live Movie Maker.  It is a WMV file.  I am able to load the original video clips the movie was made from.  They are MPEG files that open with quick time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Visitor

Sir. you need a "File Extension Converter" .  Go to www.Google.com and download VSC File Extension Converter that you get from www.Google.com and type "File Extension Converters" to get your "FREE Download" of your Video and Photos "File Extension Converter".  You are having "incompatibilty problems in the extension Video/Photo/Audio Extension of your files, change them to either .AVI, .MPEG2 for DVD or .JPEG for Photos & finally .MPEG4 under AVCHD .H264 format for Blu-Ray format, it all depends what your viewer file displayer accepts as the lagitimate file Extension!!

Visitor

What finally worked (and thanks to my teacher David Webber for this information, followed by some experimentation on my part) was a variant on Compressort's generic MPEG2 profile. I used these settings:

File Extension: mpeg

Two pass VBR Best

Average Bit Rate: 8.7 Mbps

Maximum Bit Rate: 10.3 Mbs

Motion Estimation: Best

GOP: IBP 7 IBPBPBP

On the extras tab, click on Multiplexed MPEG1/Layer 2 Audio with the Program Stream also clicked on.

then save that.

When I use that, the picture frame streams lovely video and audio with only some loss of data in the white ranges (it glares a bit) but is otherwise very fine quality.