Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

SD card size for optimal performance

after searching both the site and the users guide, i am unable to find what is the maximum size SD/SDHC card recommended by insignia for the NS-DCC5HB09  HD CAMCORDER/5MP CAMERA

by the way, this camcorder rocks!!!

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: SD card size for optimal performance

Not positive yet, but I believe you can use the 8gb card. I use a 4gb and get 2-1/2 hours of recording in HD.
Visitor

thanks for your reply !

i'm also hoping the INSIGNIA guys can verify that, and let me know if a SDHC card would work better than a normal SD card..

cheers

Visitor

well, since the videos i take will mostly end up on YOUTUBE....and since YOUTUBE has a 1GB limit to video sizes...

ive decided to buy a few 1GB SD cards and use them to "edit" the video lengths. 

primitive, but effective!

Visitor

Sometimes you just have to get down to the basics. Good idea.

Hello scubastever,

We apologize for the long delay in response.   Although the camera will accept any SD Card size, we recommend a maximum of 8 GB.  Larger cards may behave unexpectedly.

We're glad you're enjoying your camcorder!

Visitor

I currently use a 8GB Mirco SDHC card for my cam.  It works like a charm with no problems or issues.  I placed the micro SDHC inside of it's adapter, then placed it inside of the cam's SD slot.  Micro SDHC cards can be used, as long as they are inside of their adapter first, prior to placing them inside the cam's card slot.  8GBs gave me more than 11 hours in regular video mode, and 5 plus hours in HD.  For pics, the 8GB card gave me approximately 3, 300 pic capacitiy.  The pic capacity won't change from HD mode to regular mode.  Only the Video capacity changes.  You don't want to aim for a highter capacity SD card, as the card may behave unexpectedly.  The tech could be correct on this issue.  Even though they do say that the cam can accept any size SD, it is their recommendation of only 8GBs.  Unless someone in the community reports no problems with a 16 or 32GB card being used with no problems.  Until then, stick with 8GBs.  That you hold you.  Have a good one.  Just want to weight in, with my personal experience(s).

Visitor

"I currently use a 8GB Mirco SDHC card for my cam."

Thank You for this info!