Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: ns-dkeyrd10 Windows 7

Same problem.

The unit charged overnight.  

It turns on; some of the default images are a man and woman in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, a couple of kids in the snow, a bald eagle, and a pink flower with red stamens.

It initially installed as a flash drive, but failed to also install as a CD drive.  Now, in Computer, it has an icon of a hard drive with a CD over it.  Double-clicking and right-clicking it bring up the Windows blue circle "busy" icon, for at least a minute before I unplugged the device.  I am unable to upload photos.

Additionally, if Winamp is running, it asks if it's an mp3 player that I want it to manage, and I say "no" as usual.  Not as usual, it then freezes, and crashes hard.  On one occasion last night, even Windows Task Manager wouldn't close it.  It finally closed the instant I removed the Picture Viewer.  I suspect that it's dealing with the flash drive part normally, then getting stuck on the CD part.

Why Windows 7 should think it's a CD drive, though, is beyond me.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 545, with a Pentium dual-core CPU E5400 @ 2.70 Ghz  2.70 Ghz, 6.00GB Ram, 64-bit OS, 411GB free on the C: drive, 18.2 GB free on the non-OS USB external HDD.  I can give you the device specs if you need them.  

Is there anything else you need?  I'd really like to get this working.  It was a Christmas present from a relative on the opposite coast, so returning it would be problematic.

Sincerely,

Jeremy {edited per Forum Guidelines}

Hopefully soon-to-be happy user

Visitor

Hello niceguygreensbo,

I would suggest trying the NS-DKEYRD10 with a different computer to verify that it is working properly, as it is possible that a driver conflict is causing the issue with your computer. If you try the device with a different computer and it does not function properly, or you are unable to try it with a separate computer, I would then suggest taking it in for service. Simply take the device, along with the receipt, to the place of purchase to obtain service. The NS-DKEYRD10 has a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase.

Visitor

I'll try to find another computer, but as I said in my post, " It was a Christmas present from a relative on the opposite coast, so returning it would be problematic."  I'm in NC, and my aunt's in Los Angeles.

Jeremy  {edited per Forum Guidelines}