Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

'No File' message when trying to play back SD cardn that has been downloaded

I use 4GB Kodak SD card. When the card is full, I take the card out of the camcorder and use a multi-card reader to transfer the files to the computer. After downloading to the computer, I put the mem card back into the camcorder. When I try to play the movie (before I format the card) the No File message flashes and the display returns to the menu mode. It is important to be able to review the content of the mem card before it is formatted, or if I simply want to watch the movie via the playback feature. The playback seems to work during the recording process but not after the memcard is taken off the camcorder and downloaded to the computer. What is the problem here? Would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: 'No File' message when trying to play back SD cardn that has been downloaded

Sorry, I forgot to say my camcorder model is the NS-DCC5HB09.
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: 'No File' message when trying to play back SD cardn that has been downloaded

Hello ridinghigh345,

Welcome to Community@Inisgnia™!

Seems that when you copied the files to your computer, you may have cut them instead by mistake. The camcorder can read the files located on the SD card, regardless how many times you take it off. Check that your computer is not deleting the files after copying them, and that when you extract the card from the card reader connected to your PC you stop the device, since if you just pull it out, the files may get damaged, causing also the Camcorder to show you the no files message even when the files are on the card. 

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks Gonza for your reply. However, I'm very careful to copy (not cut) when I copy files. In fact what I do is I select the files, right click and select "send to" my documents. And when I pull the usb out, I always use the 'safely remove hardware" feature. Besides, when I put the SD card back into the multicard reader, the files are still intact. Is it possible then that the camcorder does not recognize the files/file type? It's important that I be able to use the camcorder as a movie player in this manner. After all, is this not the way to watch a movie, via the playback mode?

Would appreciate your help in resolving this issue. Thanks.

Highlighted
Visitor

Did you check to see if your "delete pictures after transfer" was checked?
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello ridinghigh345,

Sure you should be able to watch the pictures or movies previously recorded on your camera. Has this happened a couple of times or this is the first time? Can you format the card and after that try doing the procedure again:

1- Record a video

2- Turn off the camera

3- Take the card off

4- Copy the movie file into your computer (select the pictures, do a right click, select COPY and then PASTE on the correct folder) please do not try sending them.

5- Check that is still on the card and remove safely the card

6- Put it back on the camera

7- Turn it on and try watching it again.

Also if you can, try doing the same procedure on another PC (just o be sure this is not an issue with that particular one).

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Highlighted
Visitor

Hey Gonza, thanks again for your help. I've figured out what I was doing that the camcorder didn't like: I was renaming the files before I copied them. But I had to do it otherwise they file names (clip0001...0002 etc.) will keep overlapping. Ths brings up a broader issue: can the camcorder play movies that are not recorded by the camcorder, though stored in the SD card thru other means? How can it be done if it were possible?
Highlighted
Visitor

Hello ridinghigh345 ,

It should be able to play other movies as long as they meet the specs of the ones recorded by the camera. The resolution should be: 1280x720, 720X480, 640x480 or 320x240 @ 30fps and the file should be .AVi (XVID) using H264.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team