Add Product

Search Results:

you
Visitor

NS DV111080F AUDIO PLAY BACK TOO SOFT

Is there a way to increase the audio play back? I have to crank my TV all the way up to hear anything but me. I like the camera but the volume playback is horrible.

Visitor

Cannot load video/pics to computer

Hello support!

Nice little camcorder, great video.

However...I cannot copy the video/pictures to my computer. When I plug it in, per instructions, all I get on my PC is a window with the folder DCIM in it. When I put the cursor over it, it says "folder is empty". I can go to "my computer" and it shows the usb connection. I've tried all 4 ports and it does the same thing. I can view the pics/video on the unit. I have been able to plug it in on my daughter's computer (windows 7), and it prompts to copy like any other camera I have. It plays the video, and displays pics normally on her computer, so I klnow the thing works.

I tried "importing" the video/pics using the software that came with the camera, but it didn't work either.

Camera: NS-DV111080F  (firmware was upgraded to 1.06 with no problem per instruction)

Computer: Windows XP Home SP3

Thanks.

Topics: 13
Kudos: 40
Blog Posts: 3
Solutions: 179

Re: NS DV111080F AUDIO PLAY BACK TOO SOFT

Hello you,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

There is not an option to control audio playback levels.  Audio can only be altered during recording.

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

Justin|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Visitor

Re: Cannot load video/pics to computer

Well, I have been able to troubleshoot my problem to the 4GB PNY Optima SDHC card. The camera works  (able to upload to my PC)  just using whatever internal memory it has. But it seems the card cannot be read by my PC.  It works in any other PC but mine. PNY tech support says it's a problem with the camera, but that is BS.

Does Insignia have some software or some other trick to format this disk so that my computer will read it? Should I have to format it?

Should I be buying a card reader?

you
Visitor

and how do I record louder than the factory settings? When I play video back directly onto the TV I have to turn my TV's volume almost all the way up.  If I talk I can be heard fine but what ever I am recording in front of me is too quiet.

Re: Cannot load video/pics to computer

Hello obergut,

I appreciate you updating us as to your problems and troubleshooting efforts in resolving the issue.  Your concerns are being researched as seen here

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

you
Visitor

how do I alter audio during recording?

Hello you,

Volume may be increased by pressing the zoom button to the right, and decreased by pressing the zoom button to the left while recording video. 

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

"Hello you,

Volume may be increased by pressing the zoom button to the right, and decreased by pressing the zoom button to the left while recording video. 

Regards,
Justin
Insignia™ Support"

^^ Um... doesn't that zoom the video in and out? lol

you
Visitor

so I have to zoom in on the persons face for the camera to record their voice? not right at all.