Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

NS-DV1080P LCD screen goes black right after turning the camera on.

I got my NS-DV1080P as a Christmas present, and I love it. But last night I go to turn it on, I flip open the LCD screen and it starts up as usual. Just 2 seconds after LCD screen display changes from the green Insignia start-up screen to what I'm pointing the camera at, the LCD screen goes blank....

The camera still appears to be functioning properly otherwise, I got the LED light to turn on. After I plugged it into my PC, I found out that I was able to take a video, , and take a couple of photos. I just couldn't see what I was looking at through the LCD screen.

Any idea what's wrong with my camera?

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-DV1080P LCD screen goes black right after turning the camera on.

I have the same problem. The screen freezes and LCD sometimes goes blank after turning on. I couln't take pictures and/or videos though the light shows that the power is on. I have to remove the battery and put it back after a few minutes and everything will go back to normal. Any better suggestion?
Highlighted
Visitor

After compulsively messing with my camera last night, I found out my problem was caused due to some dirt or sand stuck in the A/C out port. The dirt was somehow making a connection, and triggering the camera to turn off the LCD screen as it would if plugged into your TV via the A/C cord. Nothing a can of air blown into the port couldn't fix. But that's interesting to know, in case I ever want to record something without the LCD screen on, or to conserve battery life.

soojin01, your problem sounds slightly different (if your camera will not operate wile the screen is blank). You could try cleaning all the ports, and the SD card slot. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Visitor

thanks, I'll try that one. Hope everything will be alright