Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

NS-DSC10A - Issues w/power as well as uploading

I have the Insignia NS-DSC10A pink camera, and I have attempted to plug into all USB ports on my HP laptop w/ Vista. There's never a sound, or a popup, or a visible removeable disk drive under My Computer. I have to remove the memory card, place it into a different camera, and then plug in USB to retrieve my photos. Complete pain. Are there drivers available that I need?

Also - it's really upsetting that many times when I'm ready to take a picture, the camera won't power on. Instead I have to take the batteries out and put them back in for it to turn on, and by then, I have missed the pic I wanted to take. I'm nearly ready for a refund cause this camera is horrible. Unless you have a fix for me.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-DSC10A - Issues w/power as well as uploading

When connecting the camera to your PC via USB, you need to also turn on the power on the camera.  If after doing this you still do not see the camera folder, then there may be an issue with the USB cable or the camera.

Regarding the power-up issue, if it also happens with brand new batteries, then there is a malfunction in the camera and it needs to be repaired/replaced if under warranty. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: NS-DSC10A - Issues w/power as well as uploading

Yes, I know. Powering on the camera is a must when attempting to connect the camera to the computer. The camera was of very poor quality and I returned it, especially after I received no feedback on here and reading everywhere that many people experienced similar issues. I will not be purchasing any more Insignia products. Thank you for your month-late response.