Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

NS-DCC5HB09 Hi Def Camcorder extra batteries

I'm new to the NS-DCC5HB09 Camcorder and new to this forum.  I have just started using the camcorder and like it very much.  Concerning battery life and extra batteries, I thought I would share that I just ordered two extra NC-60 batteries from Ebay including a wall charger and car charger extension.  These are 1400Mah batteries so they are about 30% more powerful than the 1050Mah battery that came with the camcorder.  If the average run of the standard battery is a little over an hour then these batteries might push that to 1.4 or 1.5 hours.  The total cost for these two batteries and charger was only 15.00 including shipping.  I will let the community know how they work when I get them.

To find this deal, do a search for 'NP-60 1400Mah' and check the search title and description box.  You'll find there are a multitude of different offers for these batteries. 

Visitor

Re: NS-DCC5HB09 Hi Def Camcorder extra batteries

Any word on if the NC-60 batteries actually work?
Visitor

I just ordered the batteries last Thursday and since they come from Hong Kong, I expect it to be awhile before they arrive.  But from the information I've gathered and measurements I've made on the battery that came with the camcorder, they should work.  As I mentioned, I'll let the group know when I actually get them and have tried them out.
Visitor

PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS HERE TOO!  IM WAITING ON YOUR REVIEW BEFORE ORDERING THE nc 60 BATTERIES =)

Visitor

I received the batteries that I ordered through Ebay today.  I ordered two 1400mah batteries and a wall charger for $15.  The battteries, NP-60 generic replacements, were the same size as the original and fit perfectly in the battery slot.  I put one in, plugged in the charger and it charged for a couple of hours until the red light stopped blinking.  I unplugged it and turned it on and took a couple of short videos.  The battery icon shows that it is fully charged.

So, this type of battery does seem to work.  At this point I know nothing about the recording time I will get  or long term life, but time will tell.  I haven't tried the wall charger yet but assume it will work.  At this point I'm happy with this transaction.

Please note that there appear to be at least two different NP-60 type batteries.  The one I bought is most often referred to  as  a Kodak type battery and it is rectangular with measurements (L×W×H): 2.1 x 1.4 x 0.3in (53.2 x 35.5 x 7mm) The other I have seen is described as a Casio NP-60 for Exilim cameras.  From the pictures, the Casio NP-60 seems to be square and I don't think it would not fit into the battery slot on the NS-DCC5HB09, at least not as far as I can tell.  So you might want to look for measurements and make sure they match the original battery.

I hope this information is helpful.

Visitor

I just got my batteries from ebay as well (shipped from hong kong).  I did a short charge on the wall charger and test my camcorder.  It works great.  Wall charger comes with a car adaptor so you can charge in the car.  The only problem is the charging light on the wall charger doesn't work (worked when I initally plugged it in).  Right now I'm charging one battery in the camcorder and the other via the wall charger that came with the batteries(purchased as a package on ebay).

I'm happy with the purchase as well.