Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: Having Trouble Charging My New Insignia NS-DCC5HB09 Camcorder. Help please?

I've been having trouble charging my Insignia NS-DCC5HB09.  I thought I was using the charger that came with it but, thinking I may have mixed them up, I ordered a new one from mcmelectronics.  I got the part no. (199AO4220L-B09) from Best Buy.  Turns out the charger they sent me was the exact same one I already had.  While charging with the new charger, I realized the camcorder works while plugged in, but not when unplugged.  So it sounds like maybe it's the battery.

Here's the big question though.  One of the posts said the charger should be 4.2 volt since the battery is 3.7 volt.  Well, my chargers both say 5 volt.  The charger is a Sunny brand, model SYS1196-0605-W2, p/n SYS1196-0505-W2-C.  The part no. is different than what I ordered, so I guess this one is supposed to be compatible?  Still, can anyone answer why the charger that came with my camcorder would be 5 volt when in reality, it's supposed to be 4.2 volt?

Highlighted
Visitor

Hmmmm. Not sure. My experience was that if the unit doesn't turn on with the charger plugged in, you have the wrong charger. If it does power up with the charger, then it's likely the battery is bad. I hope that helps
Visitor

Hello rogata,

Welcome to Community@Insignia™!

The provided adapter will be 100-240 V AC 50-60 HZ / 5 Volts DC / 1 Amp. If you already purchased 2 chargers to no avail, then most provably it will be battery related. If you are willing to order that part, the part number will be 084-07042L-019A.

If it was useful, and you liked it, Kudo it!

Thank you,
Guille
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

Thank you to both rruge and Guille-INSG.  I guess I'll need to try a new battery.  I wish I had posted my question before I bought the new charger! 

Visitor

What you need now is an operating instruction manual of Insignia NS-DCC5HB09, Go to http://www.manualbirds.com/manuals/insignia-ns-dcc5hb09-user-manual-93717 to view the manual and you can download it for free for perpetual use!Smiley Wink