Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Choppy video from NS-DV 1080P when viewed on PC

Just bought a new Insignia NS-DV 1080p for a great price from Best Buy.  I am having a problem with it I'm hoping someone can help me with.  

When I record at any quality level (Low, SD or HD) the video plays back fine on the camera LCD and via analog cable to a television.  However, when I take the SD card from the camera and place it on my PC and playback the videos, they are all choppy.  I have tried it on three PCs and even taken the card into the GEEK SQUAD at BB and they are all choppy.  The higher the quality video the worse the choppiness is but they all have it a little.  I've tried the included software bundle, WMP and other players.  I've even tried loading at least three different CODEC packs hoping it was a simple codec problem but not luck.   

Can anyone help? ... please 

Visitor

Re: Choppy video from NS-DV 1080P when viewed on PC

Try clearing your cookies and delete your browing history. Also remove any un-needed picture, song, or video's. Also have you tried playing the vid's with the camera hooked to the CP? Or have you tried down loading them to the CP? I have never tried removing the card and playing them that way. These are just some things you may want to try.
Visitor

Thanks ... Yes I tried removing the card and putting it in the PC, I tried moving the file to my PC and I tried playing it from the camera as a USB device on my PC.  All of these resulted in the same response.  I even got the choppy playback when I played the videos off of the Geek Squad computer at BB.  This all happened before and after I exchanged the camera for a new one at BB.  

I think I'm going to return the camera at this point.  It's simply a poor products from Insignia produced by LG.

Visitor

Hello,

Welcome to Community@Inisgnia™!

Though you downloaded some codec packs, there may be some conflict between them, since the problem you are experiencing is codec related. My advise would be to uninstall all the ones you've installed, and just use one that carries the all of them.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team

Visitor

I have tried that as well.  I installed each of them in succession.  Then I removed each of the in succession and tried as well.  Still choppy. 

I've worked with different CODECs quite a bit and was initially convinced this was a CODEC problem but now I don't think so.  I believe it is just a poor product.  The product manufacturer should be able to tell me exactly what CODEC I need and even provide it in the software package.  The customer should not have to search for it in order to play the videos.