Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Charging the NS-DCC5HB09

Dear Insignia,

as a consumer I believe it was a mistake not to make this product USB chargeable.  You should be selling USB charging converters on your site so when people like me leave them at a relative's house we have a back up.

PS, many parents were impressed by the camera and their kids are waiting to see the video we took of the last concert- it's wonderful you can plug this into a TV and see and hear!  Do I tell them, "Sorry, Insignia doesn't back up their products so now we are out of luck."?

Visitor

Re: Charging the NS-DCC5HB09

I had the same trouble with your other post, but I just checked, and it does charge via usb to computer (macs too).  Did you get the cord that has the power (mini usb) on one end and the usb on the other, with a black cylinder near the power part?  That's the cord.  

Hope this helps. 

Visitor

Thanks, I have tried it, but it could mean my battery is bad.  Whatever you do, don't stick that mini disc into your mac!  Smiley Happy
Visitor

I just puchased this camera.  I need to know just how to go about charging the battery.  There is an AC tap cord with the camera-type USB connector on the other end.  I assumed that this cord is the one that recharges the battery.   If this cord does not recharge the battery then what is it for?

In the thread below I'm reading that it is only by way of the computer's USB that the battery can charged.  And for MAC users, only.  Am I correct in that conclusion?

I need to know this before we rely on this camcorder for a long-anticipated vacation to Europe.  That having been said I also need to know what I need so as to tap the 220 house voltage while in Vienna?

Visitor

I used the AC adapter to charge my camcorder last night and it worked great. The red light flashes on the camcorder until it is charged. Then the red light is solid - on. I don't know about the usb cable charging it. I haven't used it for anything other than downloading. Also, the little cd does not have any mac software on it. It only has an owner's manual for mac users. I download my videos and photos into iPhoto with no problem.