Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Can the Picture Frame be set to run continually?

I received a NS-DPF0812W Digital Picture Frame for Christmas to replace an old HP frame. I would like to have the frame run continually, 24/7. My ancient HP frame was able to do that. I turned "ENERGY SAVINGS" to "OFF" in the MENU but still no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

StatMan

Visitor

Re: Can the Picture Frame be set to run continually?

Hello StatMan,

Unfortunately this model does not have the option to stay on 24/7.

Regards,
Tom
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Tom,

Then what does the ENERGY SAVINGS "OFF" do then?

StatMan

Visitor

Hello StatMan,

Disabling the Energy Saving feature will cause the device to have the longest possible auto off time. However it will not enable the device to run constantly.

Regards,
Tom
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

What a HUGE disapppointment!  We bought this frame for our son's birthday and loaded it with photos of him growing up.  We are SO glad we tested it before shipping it across the country.  We couldn't figure out why it kept shutting down.  We wanted a frame that doesn't shut off unless it was turned off ......like the one purchased for our daughter.  It's going back tomorrow.  We will be purchasing another brand  To say we are disappointed it an understatement!  Thank you for making his gift arrive late!  We won't buy Insignia again.

Visitor

You're blaming the company because you couldn't be bothered to do a little research? A quick look at the manual (which is found online) could have told you exactly what it was that you're looking for. Where on the features list does it include "24/7 Operation"? 

Try being an educated consumer instead of a self-entitled complainer. 

Visitor

Actually the manuals are inadequate to answer this and many similar questions.  No consumer should read "Off" and intuit that "Off" actually means "Off for a long while and then on again", as the support person's response said it meant. 

Since all other frames have certain features, there is a presumption of fitness for the basic purpose that includes these capabilities being there. 

For example, most reasonable people would assume that if I put only two pictures into a frame, I would like the frame to be able to alternate between them.  I would not expect that the Insignia frame cannot do this.  (Mine cannot.)  The slideshow feature can play each picture once, but cannot repeat! 

Since everything these days repeats (e.g., CD tracks) a reasonable consumer would expect it inherent in the function of any competant frame.

More than that, in a wall-mounted photo frame I would expect that to be the DEFAULT operation of a play function!  Neither the manual nor box indicated that the frame had a stop-after-one-pass feature.  Only a way to play all the photos. 

I, too, am sorry I purchased my two insignia frames. 

Visitor

There is a difference between a slide projector and a picture frame. Which metaphor is mimicked by the Insignia product? 

A non-digital slide projector is used to present shows, usually controlled interactively but perhaps with timed slides.

A non-digital photo frame shows a picture at all times, never is pictureless.  It would be nice if the photos could be changed automatically. 

The Insignia product behaves like a slide projector, not like a digital photo frame.  That's a problem, because it is sold as a frame.  It even comes with a mat inside the frame but outside the display area, which advertises one metaphor while actually delivering another.  

That's why its control functions are inappropriate and unanticipated by consumers.

A photo frame doesn't shut off unless and until set to do so by the user.  And a PLAY function should cycle not stop.  Otherwise, you're just a digital slideshow, not a digital photo frame.