Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

waterproof camera?

I'm trying to find a decent, yet inexpensive (as much under $200 as possible) waterproof camera to send with teenagers on a week long school biology trip to Florida - there will be swimming with multiple ocean animals/mammals, snorkeling, boating, etc. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: waterproof camera?

The only one I see that meets your price limit is the Fuji FinePix Z33WP, which consistently scored bottom of the class in every comparison category in DPreview's waterproof camera group test - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q209waterproofgroup/

The Canon D10 seems well regarded but is approx. $320

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Highlighted

Thank for the reference to this extremely comprehensive guide. I can definitely use this information to decide if spending more may be the best answer. This is a site I will bookmark for future use as well. I would love to find this detail for everything I buy!

Highlighted
Recognized Member

Panasonic first choice, Olympus 2nd choice, Canon 3rd choice.  Canon makes great cams but their waterproof cam is crap.  Professional reviews will confirm that for you.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

The new Kodak PlaySport looks really good and the videos that I have seen look amazing. It will shoot video in 1080P and the 720P at 60FPS looks better than the 1080P setting.

You can find the Kodak Play Sport for around $129 if you look around online.

**If you like my answer then click the little Star under my username.
**If my response answered your question then click the Solved button. Thanks

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Ach3r0n wrote:

Panasonic first choice, Olympus 2nd choice, Canon 3rd choice.  Canon makes great cams but their waterproof cam is crap.  Professional reviews will confirm that for you.

DPReview is a well regarded professional review source, and the Canon D10 came out in the top of each category in the review I linked.

Got links to back up your claims?

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.