Highlighted

Sony DCR-SR68 has a NightShot Function?

I want this camera

but I need a NightShot function

does it has?

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sony DCR-SR68 has a NightShot Function?

Sony advertised the NighShot function heavily in camcorders that had it, but I haven't seen it advertised in years.  Not even sure if it is as feasible with the CMOS sensors now in use as opposed to the CCD sensors in the NightShot cameras.

I'm fairly certain it was removed due to all of the abuse of the function (use of an IR-sensitive camera in daylight).

If you REALLY need IR sensitivity, you might be able to have a camera modified to remove the "hot mirror" IR blocking filter.  Some companies offer this service for DSLRs, not sure about camcorders.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Highlighted

Ok... thank you ver much Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

BTW, if you just need low light capability, manufacturers have made great strides over the years in low-light sensitivity.  My Canon HF100 performs pretty well in low-light situations.  As I understand it, the HF200 was a step back, but the HF S200 may be an improvement.  (You need to compare physical sensor sizes on Canon's site - physically larger sensor -> better low light performance.)

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.