Add Product

Search Results:

Small Cameras

Has anyone tried the new bean camera with the hook that goes on your belt or key chain? I am looking for something small and simple to have with me all the time and this seems like a good fit but I don't know enough about it? If you have one please shout out and let me know if it takes good pics and is indestructible. I am a mom of 3 so it has to be hardy!

thanks,

Ana

Re: Small Cameras

agrace - I personally don't have one, but know someone that does.  She really likes it and it's super handy because it clips on to just about anything.  The picture quality is pretty good too - I think the one you're talking about is a 5 megapixel which is great.

Hey - I don't know anything about the camera that you are referencing, but let me tell you about the camera that I have.  It's an Olympus Stylus, and it's the one that is weatherproof, kid proof, waterproof, crush proof, etc.  Literally, I can stand on my camera or bang it up on the counter - and nothing happens to it!  We take it in the pool with the kids, and it lays in the water.

On top of that, I don't have to panic when the kids grab it out of my hands, or want to play around with it.

It's a great camera, and perfect for my family - we jeep, swim, camp, hike, and just play around.

Good luck with your decision!

I actually bought two of these 5MP Bean cameras for my sons before we went on a family trip.  The picture quality is good as long as you keep the camera quite still while taking a picture.  It has shutter lag and I had to teach my sons to hold still while taking a pic.  It's super-compact, and the zoom capability is not so good -- it's digital zoom only and the picture really degraded when my son zoomed in.  Lastly, it does capture silent video too.

Overall, fine for kids and quite rugged, but they have to be taught how to use it right.  Wouldn't give it to kids under 7 or so.