Add Product

Search Results:

Nikon 3500 battery

Hi I just purchased the Nikon 3500 set at Best Buy on Sunday and noticed that after I charge the battery and put it into my camera, the battery drains by itself even though the camera is off. The camera also gets kind of warm even though I didnt start it yet. When I take it out to actually use it, it is all out of battery. Would anyone know what the problem is?? Thank you!
Emerging Expert

Re: Nikon 3500 battery

My advice would be to remove the battery.  Then contact Nikon USA right away.

That should not be happening.  

I could not tell you if that is a battery or camera issue, but it could be a safety issue. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Valued Contributor

Assuming a D3500? Wondering if the Bluetooth is turning itself on by itself. Try turning off all bluetooth settings and airplane mode. Turn off camera after changing each setting. If these dont work, I'd be contacting Nikon about it. 

I think thats a good call @Rrrrrrr. I found other references to Blue Tooth and GPS causing a battery drain even when the camera is turned off.  Apparently the blue tooth keeps trying to pair.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Remove the battery asap.