Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Contributor

Kodak Easy Share c410

Anyone purchased this camera and used it?

I got one for Christmas, and haven't been able to use it much because the batteries that it came with are horrendous. They're supposed to come precharged, but when I opened them up and tried to start up the camera....nothing. So, okay...pull out the little charger that came with the camera and put the batteries on the charger. Stole the batteries from my sister's digital camera to try the camera out.

Well, got in 5 shots of the baby and then all of a sudden, I couldn't take any more. The internal memory was full. What? *sigh* okay. So, I clear out the not so great pictures, and take another one or two, then give the batteries back to my sister. The camera only has 16MB of internal memory, which, depending on the resolution of the images, I've found is anywhere between 5 and 7 pictures.

So, about 12 hours later (which is what the manual said it should take to fully charge the batteries), I tried the batteries in the camera again. Still nothing. I repeat this process every 12 hours until, 2 full days after Christmas, I finally get the camera to power on. I'm so excited then. Granted, the batteries are only showing a half charge, and I didn't even manage to get the pictures uploaded before they died again, but they worked...so that was a good sign.

I downloaded the Kodak EasyShare program onto my computer (which thus far, has been the smoothest part of getting the camera).  I finally got the pictures uploaded on Dec 31, after purchasing new rechargeable batteries and a 4GB memory card. Uploading the images is remarkably easy. Just plug the cable into the computer, into the phone, and select on the program to upload from camera. I think it gave me the option to either keep the images on the camera or remove them (I needed to remove them as I was getting ready to format the internal memory and the memory card).

The only down thing to the software, is my boyfriend says it's a memory hog on the computer. We actually had to remove it and reinstall it onto our second hard drive on the computer.

The picture quality is really good for me. It has the face detection, which I LOVE, and has blur reduction technology, which is great when I'm trying to get pictures of a wiggling baby.

but other than the dismal initial battery life and the poor internal memory (which can be fixed with new batteries and a memory card) the camera is Great!

Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts on this particular camera?

Re: Kodak Easy Share c410

I believe you have the C140 as there is no C410 in Kodak's product offerings. The only thoughts I have on the camera is that it is exactly what it is for the price which is just a simple basic camera with not much in the way of quality. Every camera at that price point is pretty much the same and if you really want a snapshot camera, I would return it and get something that actually has optical image stablization such as one of the Canon PowerShot cameras. I've got the A1100 IS and it's about the same size as what you have, uses AA batteries, and has all the features you want.

Valued Contributor

Re: Kodak Easy Share c410

You're right. it's the Kodak Easy Share c140. Dang typo's. *sigh*