Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Getting videos from my video camera to computer

Ok, I need major help here! I have a Canon video camera. It has the little dvd discs to tape on. I tape my fiance's races every weekend and I would like to get them on my computer so i'm able to put them on the internet. I have finalized the disc and put it in my computer drive and I can watch them on the computer but not able to save them to it. Is there something I need to buy from Best Buy to convert it or what? Help!!!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Getting videos from my video camera to computer

Hmm, I'm surprised you aren't able to copy the files from the DVD to the PC, since I'm 90% certain that Canon camcorders don't record discs with CSS encryption.

Are you sure you can't just drag-and-drop the directory contents of the DVD to a location on your PC?  Also, did the camera come with any editing software?

Sorry I can't help any more, I use one of Canon's high definition flash memory camcorders.

------------------
*disclaimer* I am not now, nor have I ever been, an employee of Best Buy, Geek Squad, nor of any of their affiliate, parent, or subsidiary companies.
Highlighted

When I put the disc in it comes up in the media player and plays the video. But nothing as a file. I have the disc that came with the camera but it came warped so it doesn't load onto my computer.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Try the canon website in the support area for your model of camcorder. More than likely they'll have a download for the software that came with your camcorder.