Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

Why no response from Best Buy on;

• the employees offering wrong information
  • Their inability to get this?
That is the thrust of this thread...not their inventory management system

Highlighted

I tthink if BestBuy was smart, they would release the T2i in stores next to a lower price T2i.  That way the people that don't need to enhancements can purchase the T1i  at lower cost and the ones that desired T2i - can purchase it.  But do if any body is serious aboiut a Digital SLR purchase, they would research it online anyway.

Highlighted

I believe Canon's intention is to keep the T1i in its lineup and drop the XS off from the bottom end.

Highlighted

That is correct, per Canon they are dropping the XSi and moving the T1i down to fill that spot, then the T2i will take the T1i spot so they will be sold in parallel, which is why I think that BB is just looking to sell the T1i inventory off as much as they can as I can't see anyone really choosing the T1i over the T2i unless there is a significant price drop

Highlighted

@jeffster wrote:

That is correct, per Canon they are dropping the XSi and moving the T1i down to fill that spot, then the T2i will take the T1i spot so they will be sold in parallel, which is why I think that BB is just looking to sell the T1i inventory off as much as they can as I can't see anyone really choosing the T1i over the T2i unless there is a significant price drop

At one time I actually consider the T1i,  but  I change my mind - because it not signficantly price difference - plus the HD Video abilities on T2i make T1i no longer a desired.  So right now inventory or even the price of T1i come into the picture for me.

Highlighted

Okay, I will let you decide if it is a good news or bad. But very limited quantities of the cameras are being sent out (in-transit) from warehouse, only to stores in big towns /cities. This is the situation in my state so I am assuming it should be similar at others. No luck for me

Highlighted

So they waited all this time and they have limited quantities. They couldn't get limited quantities when the camera was actually released?

Highlighted

I saw the inventory screen...limited is not the word.

1 or 2 cameras?

When all the other local camera stores were getting 2 or 3 dozen?

Looks like they are playing the deplete the stock of the t1i game.

Highlighted

True story! Now you know how I feel. The thing is they are going to keep one out of the two or three whatever they are gonna get on display. Moreover, small town like mine isn't getting one as of now and I can't even request one.

Highlighted

The strange thing is, Best Buy is making a big deal about the t2i on their website. When you go to the 'Digital SLR' section of the website, there's a prominent advertisement for the t2i. If the idea is to get rid of the t1i stock, then why have a large ad fro the t2i? And why push a camera that a customer can't buy from you? I went to the site specifically looking for the t2i, but there's probably plenty of people who are ready to buy and didn't know about the t2i. Seems like the ad for non-existent product might send those people elsewhere.

I've been watching their website for the last week or so, but I think that tomorrow I'm going to a photo shop in downtown Indianapolis that stocks the t2i and buy it from them.

This whole fiasco reminds me of my recent projector purchase. I kept waiting and waiting for them to get the Epson 8100 back in stock, but weeks later they still don't have it. Meanwhile, everyone else has the projector in stock. I finally when to H.H. Gregg last week and bought it from them (at at a very large discount). It seems like with Best Buy being such a huge customer they wouldn't have so much trouble securing product.