Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

I think that they have plenty of cameras just sitting in the warehouse right now, with a "Do Not Open Until........" sticker on the plastic wrap.  Canon isn't withholding it from them.  Naturally, Best Buy is one of the largest suppliers of their cameras.  I may be wrong, but it seems that virtually every other Canon dealer has them available at this point (although it's out of stock almost everywhere).

The T2i was springed on everyone quite suddenly, especially after the much hyped 7D release.....now there's a very comparable camera for $1000 less?  Wow!  No wonder Best Buy still has it for "preorder".

Listen, I want the T2i for the video capability.  It's virtually identical to the 7D in that department, so I'm not going to spend an extra grand.  I know what camera I want, and I've ordered and paid for it.  I know it's available, so send it to me.  Doesn't Best Buy want my money?

Highlighted
Community Veteran

If it had a street date, the employees would tell you.

Highlighted

... it does have a street date, it was feb 26. As stated before, it's already available on best buy's canadian website, so it seem's best buy knows the street date too. I'm not sure why you are defending best buy on this one.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/canon-canon-eos-rebel-t2i-18-0mp-dslr-camera-with-18-55mm-is-len...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

So if BB had it, they'd have no reason not to sell it.

BB Canada and BB US are entirely separate.

Highlighted

I agree with 'Wabem'. Since I am really interested in this camera I have been following BestBuy and other stores. When I went to store their system had street date of Feb 28th and person who deals with inventory at the store thought that it should be IN by Mar 3rd. Interesting fact is - every other store did had them in stock at some point of time. Some, even had them in stock even for the 2nd time before they all sold out. So it doesn't make sense to ME at all that BestBuy didn't receive the shipment from Canon. Their earliest online pre-order fulfillment date is 3/31 which is way too off from the street date they had in store system. Most frustrating for me is they don't allow in-store pre-order.

Highlighted

@dexter wrote:

I agree with 'Wabem'. Since I am really interested in this camera I have been following BestBuy and other stores. When I went to store their system had street date of Feb 28th and person who deals with inventory at the store thought that it should be IN by Mar 3rd. Interesting fact is - every other store did had them in stock at some point of time. Some, even had them in stock even for the 2nd time before they all sold out. So it doesn't make sense to ME at all that BestBuy didn't receive the shipment from Canon. Their earliest online pre-order fulfillment date is 3/31 which is way too off from the street date they had in store system. Most frustrating for me is they don't allow in-store pre-order.

No in-store pre-order, dawn I was thinking of doing that.   One of whole reason for getting at Bestbuy is because I can pick camera equipment in house.  I just feel safer that way.

Highlighted

@Wabem wrote:

... it does have a street date, it was feb 26. As stated before, it's already available on best buy's canadian website, so it seem's best buy knows the street date too. I'm not sure why you are defending best buy on this one.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/canon-canon-eos-rebel-t2i-18-0mp-dslr-camera-with-18-55mm-is-len...

Something really fishy here, I just pick one of provinces and all the stores indicated that the Camera was in stock.  Why not in the US.

Highlighted

@hstewart wrote:
Something really fishy here, I just pick one of provinces and all the stores indicated that the Camera was in stock.  Why not in the US.

I am inclined to agree with Jimmy up there. It seems to me that they are sitting on the inventory. It could be because they are trying to sell off the old products at the highest price possible, but I personally think it is more likely that they are building up a big enough stock pile to send to all of their stores. Almost all of the smaller camera shops are sold out, even A.mazon is back ordered, so my guess is they want to have adequate inventory for their online orders and in store orders. I still think they should have done it on a first come first serve basis (at least online) then waited to sell them in the stores if that is the way they are going to do it. Of course, I really have no idea. This is just total speculation.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@Wabem wrote:

I still think they should have done it on a first come first serve basis (at least online) then waited to sell them in the stores if that is the way they are going to do it.

Then you'd have a thread titled "Canon T2i is avaliable online but not in stores...WHY!?"

Highlighted

The last few posts are in the same vein, and are all the more reason to be disappointed.

• Lack of clear communication from managers/employees in the individual stores
  • Best Buy "Corporate" missing its core customers feedback.
If enough people share this perhaps they will recognize and correct it.