Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i...Can someone from Best Buy help!

I am also looking forward to this camera.  I am an avid supporter of Canon products and have used several SLR/DSLR over the years. 

I have read the reviews on the Canon website, and reading what others have said has heightened my excitement and anticipation!

It was a  shock to me that Best Buy was also far behind other competitors in getting this camera.  When I called about the release date, I was told it would be the last week of March also (3/29-4/3).  The associate I spoke with explained that they are holding back the release to try and reduce the T1i inventory.

I do not know if their is truth to the inventory reduction, but seems the release date is consistent.

For those that have been asking about the service plan.  I have the plan on EVERY major electronic that I have purchased from BBY over the years.  I can say it has saved me thousand in repair costs.  To relate it to cameras, my Canon D/Rebel XT broke about 1 year after purchase.  The pins in the CF slot bent, and I could not use a memory card.  Canon would not cover the repair, but when I took it back to BBY, it was repaired for free.  If I had Canon repair it, it would have cost me 300.00.

Given the advanced electronic that are in this DSLR to make it work, any can go bad at anytime, whether out of a fluke or a drunks drink spilling on the camera at a wedding.  One repair covered by the service plan could pay for itself.

If you are making the 900.00 investment for this camera, the extra 200.00 to protect it is well worth it.

Highlighted

That doesn't make a lot of sense though about reducing the inventory, sounds more like they are wanting to fool people into buying the T1i at a higher price. Fact is Canon is not discontinuing the T1i but moving it down to fill the newly discontinued XSi, so both T models will be offered in parallel. I am still on the fence whether to cancel my order through BB or not...

Highlighted

I think it is more likely that the cost will reduce on the T1i when the T2i comes on - so the latest sales that Bestbuy has on its ad - is to attempt to sell more ollder models.  As for the 7D sales, it lilke that some of purchase of 7D will be reduce for T2i.

As for the service plan - I have only used service plan once. and by the time it is need - technology is out of date and cheaper to get a new one. It just seams like wasted money for me.  Only thing I ever used it was on a battery for a notebook and that was right before I gave it to my parents and right before the extended warrently was going to experiend.  It would have been cheaper to purchase a new battery for the notebook.

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i..Can someone from Best Buy help!

I placed my pre-order on the 6th.  Whatever the reason is, it's definitely frustrating to have to wait.  All the "release date" mentions are silly to read when the camera was released by Canon late last month.  I guess that Best Buy wants average consumers to believe that it isn't out yet. 

If the real reason is reducing T1i inventory, I can somewhat understand, except that I have already ordered (and put my full payment in for) a T2i.  That alone should show which camera I am interested in.  I wondered why the T1i was showcased in this week's printed ad.  Now it makes sense.  But why not fulfill T2i online orders now, and THEN ship it to stores on the 28th?  That way you can still promote the T1i and continue to sell it, but we've already decided which camera we want.  Why make those who have preordered (and paid for) a T2i wait while you try and sell off another camera that we aren't interested in?

I will say this much:  While it is annoying to have to wait, I will do so with as much patience as possible.  However, I expect my camera to be at the very least shipped to me by April 3rd at the latest.  I don't want to get an e-mail about it being on "backorder", or a message about how it is in high demand and supplies are limited, similar to what (other online site that is blocked from being mentioned) is currently saying.  You're essentially delaying sale of the camera for an additional month, Best Buy.  That's plenty of time to acquire enough to fulfill pre-orders.  There should be no excuse come March 28th.

Highlighted

Just wanted to add that BestBuy canada store have this camera available online and in-store for over a week now. Whatever be the reason it is a shame that BestBuy don't have them in stock by now. Non the less they don't have updated information about the availability either online or in store. Moreover, I am not sure why it will take BestBuy more than a month over what took other stores to have them in stock, considering shipping dates provided online and supposedly around same in stock dates for stores as suggested by BestBuy Facebook team. This camera was available by other online US stores on 24th of Feb.

Highlighted

Re: Canon T2i..Can someone from Best Buy help!

If bestbuy ship online orders now without including them in stores, I will be force to shop somewhere else for my T2i.  I am person that would desired to buy my camera equipment personally in the store.  That is why I am getting it from bestbuy.. otherwise I get it like my MP-65e and MT-24ex flash from B&H photo video direct.

Highlighted

I just called again to see if they had any more info.  The associate said that he really didn't know, but (like others have told me before) call the day after they get their trucks in.  He did tell me that March is a big inventory change for them, and a lot of refresehed products are released in March.  He said that he would think the camera would "definitely be in by the 16th" (of March), but he was talking generally about refreshed electronics.  He hadn't even heard of the camera, and he asked the camera department associate about it, and they just said "We don't have it."  Take this information however you like, but I wouldn't count on the camera "definitely" being in by the 16th.  Just giving an update on what information I'm getting from my local Best Buy.

Highlighted

It is like i said....just disappointing that Best Buy cannot recognize loyal customers and vendor partnerships that benefit them.

Highlighted

The 16th sounds about right, since most new products come out on Tuesday and the fact that this week has both the T1i and 7D were on sale.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

@jhofer wrote:

It is like i said....just disappointing that Best Buy cannot recognize loyal customers and vendor partnerships that benefit them.

What do you want them to do? Force Canon to sell it to them?